I LOVE lentils. They are one of my favorite comfort foods. They are super easy to throw together and compliment a variety of flavors. There are so many different varieties and ways to cook them that I haven’t gotten tired of them yet.
Curried Coconut Lentils with Chicken over Baked PotatoesCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 cups yellow lentils- rinsed
2 yellow curry bullion cubes dissolved in 2.5 cups of hot water
2 boneless skinless thighs
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 head of broccoli- chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
2 T coconut sugar
4 T peanut butter
2 T soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients but the chicken to a large stock pot and combine well. Make sure everything is very well mixed together.
- Add chicken thighs whole.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for about an hour or until chicken is tender and the lentils have absorbed a lot of the liquid.
- Remover chicken and shred. Add back into the pot and simmer another 30 minutes.
- Serve over baked potatoes